A huge thanks to everyone on our Beta team! You have been giving us some great feedback, and it’s great to see the TypePad community so invigorated. With your help, we’re building something great.During this Beta, we're also fixing some of your long-standing requests for TypePad. One huge request is improving the overall compose experience.
Starting with today's update, we're giving you some of your most-requested fixes for compose in a series of several updates. Today's improvements include:
- Real blockquote for everyone. Hooray! We know you've missed this feature, so we've been working hard at this one.
- The “return” key in any browser should move you a full paragraph break down, just as you would expect a web editor to work. No more mixing of single/double spacing (<p> and <br> tags, for those of you who had been fixing this in the HTML tab.) Some of you who've gotten used to the workarounds for this in Safari (like I have) may want a quick refresher: a carriage return is a double space, and a shift-return is a single space.
- Viewing a post in the HTML window? Now it’s got cleaner code: the way you’ve lined up your entry should be broken into paragraphs, matching the paragraph breaks you see in Rich Text mode.
We’re listening to your feedback and we're working on making the dashboard more useful, accessible, and interesting. Stay tuned for more updates about the dashboard – how we’re evolving individual elements, like suggestions for people you should follow, stats, and more.
Here's some other requests we're hearing from you that we're working on for upcoming releases to Beta for those of you previewing the new TypePad:
- Stats - how you interact with your stats, and how you can use them to better engage with your readers. There's still some bugs we’re ironing out, but I think we can all say that we’re excited about cool new stats!
- Following – if you’re not previewing the new design, you might not even know what we’re talking about, but we're still in the first iteration of how following will work with your blogs.
- If you haven’t updated your profile and started following people, update your profile now. It is a great way to get to know your readers, follow conversations…and drive traffic to your blog.
- Pages: we’re still tinkering with how pages fit into the workflow.
- You can read Everything TypePad tomorrow for more on the updates and improvements we’ve made for everyone.