Last November we released a new feature called Reblog, which makes it easy for your readers to share your content others in their network. When someone reblogs your content part, or all, of your post appears on the reblogger’s blog with attribution link back to your original post so you get the credit you deserve.
Reblog is a helpful traffic-driving tool but but we wanted it to do more. The new, improved reblog provides you with more insights into who is reblogging your posts and what posts are most popular.
We’ve added new functionality to address these issues, including:
- Blogger notifications. You’ll receive an email you when someone reblogs your post and a status update will appear in the Recent Activity section of your dashboard.
- Reader notifications. The number of reblogs for a post will appear below the post and above the comments along with the profile pictures of people that have reblogged that post.
- More followers. After readers reblog your post they will be prompted to follow you on TypePad to receive updates whenever you have a new post.
- Stats. You can see the number of reblogs for a post in the Feedback section of the Edit Post page.
Turning On Reblog
If you already have Reblog on your blog you don’t need to do anyting. If you don’t currently use Reblog you’ll need to turn it on. While you’re at it we suggest turning on all your social features, including Favorites and the Follow Me module.We recommend announcing the Reblog button to your readers so they know they can easily share their favorite posts on their TypePad blog. Readers without a TypePad blog will be prompted to create a free TypePad Micro blog after reblogging your post.
Tell Us What You Think
We want your feedback before we roll the reblog improvements out to all TypePad bloggers. After you use reblog for a few days please take a few minutes to answer these questions. You can post your answers in the comments or give your feedback to our TypePad One support team.
- What do you think of reblog? Is it a good thing for you?
- What do you think of the new notificaiton features?
- How would you improve it?
- Is something not working?
- What do your readers think about it?